Online Passport Registration, Passport Online, Apply for Passport, Passport Appointment, Online Passport Apply, Apply Passport Online, Passport Online Apply, Passport Apply
Passport Online ApplyWith the technological developments in recent days, all systems and procedures are updated suitable to online applications. Applicants should clearly know the procedure to apply passport in online system, so that they can apply passport online without any difficulties and problems.
- To submit online application, Applicant has to register at Passport Seva Online Portal “www.passportindia.gov.in.“ to create User Id and password and login to fill the application.
- After successful submission of passport application and Fee payment, "Online system" automatically will generate an appointment as per the availability of appointment slots at the desired Passport SevaKendras (PSKs).
- On that system generated appointment date, Applicant has to visit the PSKs to apply passport with these appointment printouts, all certificates and supporting documents.
Online Appointment systemThe Online Appointment system has been introduced to ensure avoiding congestion at the Passport Seva Kendras (PSKs) and cutting down the waiting time for applicants. Appointments are allotted according to handling capacity of a Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) and are based on an Electronic Queue Management System.
Procedure to Passport Online ApplyThe following steps are involved in applying for a passport, i.e., online registration, filling up and submitting online application form, (alternatively, download e-form, fill up and upload the same at the Online Portal), scheduling an appointment and finally, the visiting a Passport Seva Kendra (PSK).
1. Online application submission:
- At Passport Seva Online Portal “www.passportindia.gov.in. Login with registered User ID.
- Fill online application with all details and fee payment particulars and submit the application
- While making passport fee Online Payment, applicants applying under Tatkaal also need to pay the fee as applicable under Normal Category only. The balance fee for Tatkaal quota will be payable in “Cash” at Passport Seva Kendra / Passport Office, only after Tatkaal application is accepted by Passport Officials.
a. Applicant has to login and to perform the following steps for payment through the Internet Banking payment mode:
- Click on “Schedule Appointment”, select appointment quota as Tatkaal Quota or Normal Quota, select the desired Passport Seva Kendra, and click the Next button.
- Click Pay & Book Appointment which displays SBI’s Multi Option Payment System (MOPS).
- Select the Mode of Payment (Either Net banking or Card payment), and do the payment
- After successful online payment of passport application fee, an appointment will be booked automatically by the system for the selected Passport Seva Kendra and the “Appointment Confirmation” screen of Passport Seva Portal will be displayed.
- Take a printout of the Application Receipt (ARN), and submit it at the Passport Seva Kendra on the given appointment date / time.
- Bank Challan payable at SBI branches in India only. Applicant has to login and to perform the following steps for payment through the Challan mode.
- Click “Pay using Challan” to generate and print SBI Bank Challan
- Fill the Challan and submit it with passport service fee at the nearest SBI branch
- Click “Track Payment Status” link to track Payment Status. Challan Payment will be reflected after at least two working days of depositing the fee in the SBI branch.
- Click “Schedule Appointment” to schedule an appointment after payment status changed to Success
- Select the Appointment Quota (i.e. Tatkaal Quota or Normal Quota), select the desired Passport Seva Kendra, and click the Book Appointment button.
- An appointment will be booked automatically for the selected Passport Seva Kendra. Take a printout of the Application Receipt (ARN), and submit it at the Passport Seva Kendra on the given appointment date / time.
2. Reschedule / Cancel an Appointment:Applicants with confirmed appointments and if unable to visit Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) due to some reason, are advised to reschedule/cancel their appointments. Appointment rescheduling/cancellation for an application are allowed up to two times only within a year of the first appointment date.
Applicant needs to perform the following steps for cancelling or rescheduling a booked appointment:
- Click Schedule Appointment on the View Saved / Submitted Applications screen.
- Click Reschedule Appointment/Cancel Appointment. A confirmation message displaying the count of reschedule / cancel attempts left is shown. In case of rescheduling the appointment, select the preferred passport seva Kendra (PSK) and click Next.
- After checking the available appointment date displayed for the PSK, click the Book Appointment button. An appointment (if available) is booked automatically for the selected PSK and previously booked appointment for the ARN is automatically cancelled.
- The Appointment Confirmation screen is displayed with the Print Application Receipt button to print the application receipt.
3. Categories of Applicants allowed as “Walk-In with ARN”:Applicants falling under the following categories need to generate Application Reference Number (ARN) by submitting online passport application form at least one day in advance before visiting the Passport seva Kendra (PSK). Such applicants may visit the Passport seva Kendra (PSK) with all required documents and a copy of printed ARN sheet between 9 AM to 11 AM.
- Applicants for issue of police clearance certificates (PCCs)
- Deletion of ECR status in passports without any change in personal particulars
- Inclusion of spouse name in the passport
- Applicants for tatkaal services with Verification Certificate (fresh/re-issue cases)
- Applicants with valid passports seeking new booklets in case of exhausting of Visa pages
- Central/state government servants, their spouses and dependents, minor children who have ‘No Objection certificate’/ Identity certificate.
- Senior Citizens (above 60 years)
- Minors below 15 years whose parents hold valid passports
- Physically challenged persons
Passport Online Registration
To apply online passport appluication, applicant has to create login user id and password at passport web portal. Clcik below URLs to register or login passport web portal.
Read More ... Home page Go to Top